Re: Where's the "mfdcfnt" package?

Erick Branderhorst <Erick.Branderhorst@asml.nl> writes:

>     Guy> bruce@pixar.com (Bruce Perens) writes:
>     >> A user reported to me that the "mfdcfnt" package, formerly in non-free, is
>     >> no longer present. I looked on master.debian.org, and that's right, it's
>     >> not there. Can someone tell us what replaces it and where to find it?
>
>     Guy> tetex-base.

I am the current maintainer of the mfdcfnt package, The problem with
mdfcfnt removal is that all people that will try to install Debian
during this month will be unable to use properly TeX with an accentued
language (as non-free is used for both stable and bo versions).

I think it should be wiser to put again the mfdcfnt pacakage, and
remove it only from non-free at Debian-1.3 release time. We should
also make it conflicts with the tetex package, if it does not already.

Should I just do a new upload, I could do it tomorrow morning if
necessary?

Besides I have made a first pass on all bugs report for texbin, mflib,
texlib and mfbin, there is in fact really few serious bugs and they
are far from being critical, a majority of the bugs are already
corrected bugs, or dependency bugs. I will hopefully do a more precise
switching to tetex (which is IMHO a very good think, at the beginning
I was in favor of keeping our system, but mainly because I did not
think there was enough manpower to recreate new packages from tetex,
there has been a lot of work from several people, great!!).

Loic