Re: 1.2 MB boot floppies?

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> What is the current status of the 1.2 MB boot floppies? I have one report
> of superformat breaking during creation of a 1.2 bootstrap floppy from the
> installation system.

I don't know for sure. I seem to remember at least one of my testers who
have used the 1.2 but I may be mistaken. I'm going to try to condense the
reports for Vincent this weekend. One of the things that is very clear
from preliminary testing is, things that work on one platform fail on
another. Broad platform support is going to be a continuous problem.
That's why I'm hoping for a broader test population in the future.

Luck,

Dwarf