ftplib package

Hello,

After looking at the WNPP document, and getting some advice from people on
the mailing list I ask to adopt/maintain a relatively simpler pakage: the
ftplib package (it's a package that, roughly, encapsulates ftp commands
inside C functions). I haven't examined the package throughly yet, and will
email the mailing list with a more detailed plan later.

Does anybody have any objections? Any suggestions? Any information about
pending updates? Any bugs?

I hope that my first experience with "debianizing" will be a good one and I
apreciate any hints I can get,
Hani