Re: Can I take wml and eperl?

On Tue, 23 Dec 1997, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> > 2 MB is the installed size, i.e. the space that it takes on your
> > hard drive after unpacking.  :)  The .deb was about 700 KB?
>
> It is even shorter, ok... (but it could be even even shorter ;)
> Installed size: 1.2 MB
>
> I got a little hot, because I have only 50MB left on my disk...

That's the latest version already.  <grin>  I'm currently trying to
package other components such as slice and iselect.  :)

> i am waiting, too. Hey, I didn't want to flame you. I just wanted to throw
> my 2 cents in...

That was a flame?  Nah, didn't seem like it.  <grin>  Your concern was
very valid and real.  :)

> > The latest wml .deb depends on m4 and eperl.  More dependencies and
> > symlinks will come when we finish packaging other components for Debian.
> > <grin>
>
> This, for sure, is the Right Thing (TM).  :-)

I guess so too.  However, I wonder if a all-in-one wml would take more
space or less than a stripped-down wml + eperl + m4 + slice + iselect etc.
with all the extra example files and documentation.

Anyway, eperl and m4 were easy.  :)  /usr/bin/eperl is exactly the same as
/usr/bin/wml_p3_eperl;  /usr/bin/m4 = /usr/bin/wml_p4_gm4, etc.  I am
trying to figure out what slice is exactly and see if it would be as easy
as the others.  <grin>

(I'm tempted to say Happy New Year to you too, although it is still more
than a week away.  Oh well.  :)  Happy New Year!

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling            foka@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Civil Engineering                http://www.ualberta.ca/~foka/