Re: Can I take wml and eperl?

On Mon, 22 Dec 1997, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> > I am ambivalent on this one.  Currently, the installed size of WML is only
> > 1990 KB, i.e. less than 2 MB.  Basically, the ePerl, m4, etc. included in
> > WML are somewhat stripped down already (i.e. no example files, just the
> > executables and the manpages).  It might not worth the trouble to split up
> > the package.
>
> Sorry, do you mean that wml contains copies of m4, eperl, txt2html and
> other? If this is the case, they should be removed IMHO and wml should
> depend on the debian packages. 2 MB to download takes 20 minutes for me and
> costs a few buckets.

2 MB is the installed size, i.e. the space that it takes on your
hard drive after unpacking.  :)  The .deb was about 700 KB?

> I think if it is easy possible, it should be done, because it reduces
> bandwidth. (Note that I don't know if the executables provide the same
> functionality, I'm just guessing).

Christian and Tommi have already convinced me to do so.  :)  Hehe.  BTW, I
am only doing non-maintainer uploads.  Tommi will probably take over
eventually, once he gets his Debian developer status, that is.  <grin>
The latest wml .deb depends on m4 and eperl.  More dependencies and
symlinks will come when we finish packaging other components for Debian.
<grin>

Merry Christmas to you too!  :)

Anthony

--