Re: ePerl (and WML) segfaults and dumps core with libc6 (hamm)?

On Mon, 22 Dec 1997, Christian Schwarz wrote:

> (I'm sorry for the late reply.) I'm not sure if it still helps you, but:
> Yes, I had the same problems some time ago.
>
> It would be very nice if this problem could be fixed...

Yes, Tommi's solution worked!  I just commented out the fclose(fp) at the
end of eperl_main.c, and voila!  No more segmentation fault!  :)

> Anyways, did you talk to Heiko already about taking over and about the
> details?

No, because I do not intend to take over the packages.  Okay, the real
reason is that I was too lazy to ask Heiko.  <grin>  Also, I like to goof
around, but I tend to slack off when things get tedious.  That explains
the 20 bug reports against fdutils that I haven't bothered looking at yet.
<grin>  Tommi V. will probably take over eperl and wml.  :)

> Tell me if you need some beta tester...

I have just uploaded wml_1.4.7-0.2 and eperl_2.2.8-0.2 to master using
dupload (scp).  The FTP server is down, and I guess the mailing lists are
down too.  Hmm...  Anyway, if you are interested, please feel free to test
it.  :)  I hope this would finally work.  Now, I guess I have to spend
some time to learn *how* to use ePerl, WML and friends...  <grin>

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling            foka@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Civil Engineering                http://www.ualberta.ca/~foka/