New package: makeports

After talking with some *BSD-using friends, I decided this might be an
interesting project...basically, it would read the available file (yes, I
know this is frowned upon, but this seems to be the best way to get some
of this stuff) and construct a ports tree, similar to /usr/ports in the
free BSD's. When you enter the directory for a package you can run make
with several options, to build .deb's, just build binaries, or just get
the latest version of the source packages.

Anyway, just wanted to hear some comments before I decide whether it's
worthwhile to code.

--
Elie Rosenblum <erosenbl@nyx.net>   That is not dead which can eternal lie,
     <fnord@cosanostra.net>      And with strange aeons even death may die.