New package wzip

Hi,

wavelet transformation can be effectively used for lossy compression
of measurement/process data. This gets more and more important because
of modern quality management systems. Data compression is usually very
complicated. While I was working on the denoising of EDX-scans with
wavelet transformation, I found it possible to do lossy data compression
very easily by putting wavelet transformation followed by
quantization to small integers in front of loss-less compression with
gzip.

I am intending to make a program wzip to do this preprocessing,
leaving the difficult task to gzip. The program will use the
Haar-wavelet transformation.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Andreas Franzen <Andreas.Franzen@nordkom.netsurf.de>