Re: writev broken in linux?

linux 1.x/libc4 had writev implemented in libc, with no kernel
support.  This implementation was, to put it kindly, "marginal".  I
think libc5 added code to check if you had SYS_writev and use it, if
not, fall back to the old code.  I'm not sure which kernel actually
added the writev syscall, nor am I sure of how good it is.  There are
some subtle "corner" cases which are hard to get right.