writev broken in linux?

Hi, I noticed the upstream maintainer of epic talking about a bug in
linux's writev, saying that it was not reliable.  This is a pretty
incomplete request, as I have no kernel versions, libc versions, or
anything else of value, but maybe someone has heard of it?

To quote:

----
  The change specifically had to deal with my use of writev() in
wserv.c.  After working this out with a few linux users, it ends up
that writev() was not sending everything I was asking it to send
(while other systems like solaris and 4.4BSD were doing the right
thing).  Since i dont have linux source code, (is there *anywhere* on
the internet where you can find untarred linux source code suitable
for perusing via ftp?) i just had to determine that there was
something wrong with writev() on linux and switched to using sprintf()
to generate the output.
----

Thanks,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org