Re: Does `dpkg' track the installation date of a package?

On 18 Dec 1997, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> 	maybe it is time to bringup the discussion on this list?

The lack of an audit trail is really regrettable in dpkg.  After all,
it is as much a system tool as any other program I can think of; why
it is bashful about using the system's log facility is beyond me.

Count mine as one vote for a new LOG_DEBIAN facility.

--
Todd Graham Lewis       Manager of Web Engineering    (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net