Re: Does `dpkg' track the installation date of a package?

Hi,

>> Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
>>  I wonder if `dpkg' tracks the installation date of a package,
>> whether it should if it doesn't, or why it doesn't if that is the
>> case.

	There was some discussion on the deity list about providing
 complete audit trails of package management, and it was agreed that
 various time stamps need to be genrated to provide the level of
 auditing we wanted.

	It was also decided that since deity is an optional front end,
 the implementation would have to be done in dpkg, since otherwise the
 audit trail would be missing events, and that is worse than no audit
 trail, and hence the topic was dropped on the deity list.

	maybe it is time to bringup the discussion on this list?

	manoj

--
 "You don't go out and kick a mad dog.  If you have a mad dog with
 rabies, you take a gun and shoot him." Pat Robertson, TV Evangelist,