Re: Questions about emacs20 file system layout.

[You (Rob Browning)]
>Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:
>> As the current emacs package installs its libs into
>> /usr/lib/emacs/19.34/..., will moving this below /usr/share break other
>> packages?
>
>I'll certainly make sure that's not a problem before I do it, but so
>far, I doubt it will be.  I don't think that the old and new emacs
>will be sharing many files.

Rob, you're talking about moving Xemacs arch-independant files from /usr/
lib/xemacs-XX.XX to /usr/share, right?

I think this is a good idea.  When we do this for Emacs 19.XX we'll need
to make sure to change AucTeX and the lisp packages.

BTW, are .elc files arch-dependant or arch-indep?  I've always wondered
about this.