Re: Hardware Question

My message was not meant to be "unfriendly". Mr. Thompson did not
understand that we are getting a lot of questions from windows users
who find this list in error, and since you did not mention Linux
or Debian, it's first necessary to determine if that's what you are
interested in. If so, there are many experienced people to help you at
debian-user@lists.debian.org .

If it happens that you _do_ want to install Debian, I have some question
regarding whether your video card will work in accelerated mode under
Debian 1.3 . I don't see an X server that claims to support it, although
later free servers and at least one commercial server do indeed do so.
The best way to find out about this is to find someone who has the same
hardware and has already successfully configured it, who can then tell you
exactly what they did. Since debian-user has about 3 times as many people
reading it as debian-devel, and since those people are looking for user
questions like yours to answer, it's most likely that you will find a
detailed answer there.

	Bruce Perens