Re: intent to package rinetd
On Dec 8, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> Speaking of socket type programs, there is a program by
> Mr. R. Stevens (the famous unix networking author) called sock which
> allows configuration of all the socket flags, and acts as both server and
> client sinking or souring packets that are adjustable. Though its been 3
> years since I used sock, the 1990 version of the program was not completely
> finished as I remember, but it was very useful utility indeed. A lot easier
> to use than netcat.
> The copyright was either bsd or public domain (if memory serves).
* Copyright (c) 1993 W. Richard Stevens. All rights reserved.
* Permission to use or modify this software and its documentation only for
* educational purposes and without fee is hereby granted, provided that
* the above copyright notice appear in all copies. The author makes no
* representations about the suitability of this software for any purpose.
* It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
It would have to go to non-free ...
Peter Tobias <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
PGP ID EFAA400D, fingerprint = 06 89 EB 2E 01 7C B4 02 04 62 89 6C 2F DD F1 3C
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .