Re: intent to package rinetd

Gergely Madarasz wrote:
> > Well, no objections, but we already have the redir package, which seems to
> > do the same thing. However, it seems that rinetd is designed for more heavy
> > duty uses, right?
>
> Oh, I was not aware of redir. But as you say, it really seems so... only
> one running executable needed for multiple connections.

You can also use the "socket" package for that job. But you're right
rinetd is designed for heavy duty use. IIRC there is a redir or socket
process for every connection (because it is started via inetd). rinetd
seems to handle all connections from one process.

Thanks,

Peter

--
Peter Tobias <tobias@et-inf.fho-emden.de> <tobias@debian.org> <tobias@linux.de>
PGP ID EFAA400D, fingerprint = 06 89 EB 2E 01 7C B4 02  04 62 89 6C 2F DD F1 3C