Re: RFC: Deb 2.0 testing process

In article <Pine.LNX.3.96.971130131217.705A-100000@cnhobbes.ml.org> you wrote:

: This list can be added to by anyone.  What I'd like to ask for now is any
: comments on this.

A checklist like this is a good idea, particularly if it eventually provides
the list of things that initially need to be part of a regression suite for
the package.

The downer is that if you don't get working on a regression suite for each
package, testing a couple thousand packages against non-null checklists seems
like it could take a wickedly long time... particularly if, as I suspect, many
packages need to get revisioned during the testing interval to fix bugs.

Bdale