too many directories in /usr/doc?

Section 2.1.6 of the policy states:

     Every package must be accompanied by a verbatim copy of its copyright
     and distribution license in the file /usr/doc/<package-name>/copyright
     (see section 5.6, Copyright information' for details).

I'm taking over maintaining the linux-gazette packages from Christian
Schwarz, and I would prefer to just have /usr/doc/lg/copyright, rather than
having one in each /usr/doc/lg-issueXX directory. There will not be anything
else in /usr/doc/lg-issueXX as the issues are installed in /usr/doc/lg.

This seems the most reasonable to me, as it saves having sixteen
directories. I've just looked at the X stuff and it has loads of
directories, each with a copyright file in it. Hmmm.

Thanks

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com       | Debian Linux - www.debian.org
http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett   | Because bloated, unstable
PGP key available on public key servers  | operating systems are from MS