Re: PPP configuration

>      I have advocated for a long time that a script be included in (or
> called from) the base installation script that would lead a new user
> through the steps necessary to configure ppp for a simple single user
> dialup connection.  I believe this would eliminate a lot of newbie
> questions on deb-user and a lot of new user frustration.
>
>      Would you consider including such a script in the ppp package?
> If so, would you prefer to write it, or would you like me to write one
> and submit it to you?
>
>      An alternate procedure, but IMHO less desirable, would be to
> incorporate the configure script in the base-install script.

How about a script that reads the user input and creates the script
from that. The line preceding user input would also be read and
the first word on that line used for the search string to know when
to output data.

Example:
login:                         (output to screen)
joe_user                       (username)

creates the entry:
ogin: joe_user

in the chatscript file.

- Jay