Re: broken ftp archives

On Tue, Nov 25, 1997 at 03:00:36PM +0100, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> ca. all 5 or 6 weeks, i find a defekt file on my primary ftp mirror
> ftp.inka.de. other systems will have the same problem.
>
> is there some script, that could run after the ftp mirror, and compair
> the md5sums of files with md5sums from packages ?
>
> some way to make sure, that all files are correkt would be very nice.

I wrote a dpkg-checkpackage for the same purpose.  I've noticed that
on some of my self burned cdroms some package didn't exist.

I've sent the script to the dpkg maintainer.  Hopefully it has found
its way into the archive.  If not you still can find it on my site at
ftp://ftp.infodrom.north.de/pub/people/joey/debian/ .

Gruesse,

	Joey

 /                 Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only /
/          proved it correct, not tried it.  -- Donald E. Knuth /