Re: RFC: New Upload Procedure

Christian Schwarz wrote:

>  dinstall's part:
>
>   3.) [check for new packages every ten minutes]
>       Check if package upload was complete and files are correct
>       (i.e. check PGP signature, MD5 sums, correct .changes file,
>        etc.)
>       If there is an error send mail to maintainer and stop

I hope dinstall will be smart here: I usually take more than 10 minutes
to upload one package, so surely dinstall will parse it _while_ it's
incomplete.

>   4.) Send announcement to debian-changes or debian-devel-changes

I think that announces to debian-changes (for stable) should be sent
_after_ installation, but instead announces to debian-devel-changes
should be sent as sooner as possible, because maintainers can go and
take the packages from incoming directly.
I am used to announce disponibility also on my ftp site, so maybe
dinstall could use a ~/.changes-template file if found in the
developer's home dir, something like:

---- cut ----
Hi folks!
as usual you'll find this package also in ftp://ftp.my.site/my/dir/

%.changes%

Have a nice day!
me
--
my signature

> The new updated parsechangelog/debian script will check for these
> markers and insert a new field into the .changes file (this has not
> been implemented, yet!):
>
>   Closed: 98765 98766 99999

I also vote for using "closes" also here.

Fabrizio