Re: pax being DFSG

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, David Frey wrote:

> > Isn't modifing the source one use of the source form??? This licence
> > allows use of the source the package licenced.
>
> What do the other people think? I'm feeling still a bit uncanny.
> The original author is not reachable anymore, btw.

Unless the license explicitely allows distribution of modified sources
we'll have to assume that doing so is not allowed. This makes the package
non-free.

(I don't think that "distribution of modified sources" is meant by "using"
the software :-)

Thanks,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com
                  schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

                PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA

 CS Software goes online! Visit our new home page at
 	                                     http://www.schwarz-online.com