Re: Red Hat 5.0 Release date

Bruce Perens <bruce@debian.org> writes:

> From: Chris Fearnley <cjf@netaxs.com>
> > I do hope that libc7 is many years distant ...

> I don't think there will be any more need for big changes in the C library.
> The last time it was the executable format, now it is the merge back into
> the GNU source thread.

> The next big change could be when we dual-boot Linux and Hurd, if anyone
> is interested in that.

Now that I'm switched over to GRUB, I'll start working in that
direction.

It may be a while, though.  The HURD binaries are huge, everything is
compiled with debugging information (including libraries, some of
which are 10MB in size).  The binary distribution takes up 300MB of
space. (I do most of this experimentation on my laptop, which only has
a 800MB drive.)  Maybe after I get my new machine.

Steve
dunham@cps.msu.edu