How can I help? ( was Re: Red Hat 5.0 Release date)

> On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:
>
> > From: David Engel <david@sw.ods.com>
> > > If we had gotten our glibc release out before RedHat, we might have
> > > gotten some their users to give us a try.
> >
> > Let's not treat this as if we were in competition with Red Hat.
> > How many packages are still not ported?
>
> about 230 on Nov. 12nd ('main' only).
> And still about 50 in the old source format (very likely to be dropped
> before 2.0 is frozen since noone cared enough to convert them)
>
> 	Cordialement,
>
> --
> - Vincent RENARDIAS                 vincent@{waw.com,pipo.com,debian.org} -

If it would help, I can spend some time downloading some of the source
packages of the packages which still need to be ported.  Are there any
maintainers specifically who are really busy and would maybe like some help
here?

Let me know if I can help in anyway, i.e. specific packages which need to be
ported or any of those old sources which someone would like converted to the
new source format.

                - Paul J Thompson

"A raccoon tangled with a 23,000 volt line today.  The results
blacked out 1400 homes and, of course, one raccoon."
                -- Steel City News