Re: need comments on a copyright clause.

On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Fabrizio Polacco wrote:

> This seems to me to fail #9 of DFSG:
> > 9.License Must Not Contaminate Other Software
> >
> >   The license must not place restrictions on other software that is
> >   distributed along with the licensed software. For example, the
> >   license must not insist that all other programs distributed on the
> >   same medium must be free software.

I think "is distributed along with" does not mean "uses" or "is linked
to". It refers to simple aggregation. Perhaps the sentence "License Must
Not Contaminate Other Software" is a bit misleading though.

As I read it, it's OK to place restrictions on other software that uses
"foo", but it's not OK to place restrictions on which software may be on the
same CD as "foo".

--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es
Dpto. Fisica Fundamental y Experimental			Univ. de La Laguna