Re: Boot Linux from GRUB?

Hi,

How do I get GRUB to boot a system where the Linux root partition is on the
second SCSI drive ?

  [root] palm:/usr/doc/grub/docs# mount
  /dev/sdb2 on / type ext2 (rw)
  proc on /proc type proc (rw)
  /dev/sdb3 on /usr type ext2 (rw)
  /dev/sdb5 on /usr2 type ext2 (rw)
  /dev/sda1 on /DOS type vfat (rw,umask=002,gid=35)

So I think I want to be able to have stage1 on the dos disk (sda), with stage2
and Linux on sdb2.  Is that right ?

BTW, this currently works fine with lilo, and this lilo.conf:

boot=/dev/sda
root=/dev/sdb2
compact
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
vga=normal
delay=20
image=/vmlinuz
  label=Linux
  read-only
image=/vmlinuz.old
  label=Linux-old
  read-only
other=/dev/sda1
  label=DOS
  table=/dev/sda

I presume that there is something you can put in the grub configuration file,
but I don't seem to be able to find any info about the syntax.

Cheers, Phil.