Re: Adding a driver at installation

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> writes:

>   5.1.15.  3c900 / 3c905
>
>   Status -- Supported
>
>   These cards (aka `Boomerang', aka EtherLink III XL) have been recently
>   released to take over the place of the 3c590/3c595 cards....

IMO, this should always be augmented with.

If you don't already have one of these cards, don't get one.  There
are outstanding bugs which may or may not be fixed unless 3COM decides
to release documentation (which I've heard they've said they won't to
anyone non-commercial).

Save yourself some hassle and get one of the (cheaper and faster) DEC
Tulip cards.

(Stuck with some of these 3COM cards which used to lock up on a
regular basis YMMV.  The newer drivers mostly alleviate this problem,
but...)

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>