Re: 2.0.31 kernel - SCSI problems

I have *two* SCSI cards:

 * A Symbios Logic (NCR) 53c875 Ultra Wide PCI SCSI host adapter
   connected to a Seagate hard drive
 * An Adaptec AHA1522 Fast SCSI-II ISA host adapter
   connected to a HP CD Writer and an Iomega Jaz removable hard drive

Both work perfectly with 2.0.31.

The Adaptec even worked when I had the jumpers set incorrectly (this
broke Win95 of course <g>)  The NCR is jumperless...

John

"Oliver Elphick" <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:

> No help on debian-user; can anyone help with this, please?
>
> I tried 2.0.31, but found that it broke my SCSI system - it would no longer
> acknowledge the existence of tapedrive or scanner.  This was apparent at
> boot-time, when they no longer appeared on the SCSI device list. I had to
>
> I am using an Adaptec 2940UW with the aic7xxx SCSI kernel code.
>
> I wanted this kernel to use with the new isdnutils package, which requires it.
> Can anyone suggest how to get the SCSI code working right?
> --
> Oliver Elphick                                Oliver.Elphick@lfix.co.uk
> Isle of Wight                                  http://lfix.co.uk/oliver
>
> PGP key from public servers; key ID 32B8FAA1
>

> --

John Goerzen          | Developing for Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)
Custom Programming    | Debian GNU/Linux is a free replacement for
jgoerzen@complete.org | DOS/Windows -- check it out at www.debian.org.