Re: Selling Artistic License Software

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> My problem is with the phrase "reasonable copying fee". I should be able
> to ask an unreasonable fee and let market forces send my customers to more
> reasonable vendors. (Understand here that I am talking of a hypothetical
> self and not the real me) This simply seems to me to be a "cost control"
> measure so that it is "almost" free in a monetary sense.

        "Reasonable copying fee" is whatever you can justify on the
        basis of media cost, duplication charges, time of people involved,
        and so on.  (You will not be required to justify it to the
        Copyright Holder, but only to the computing community at large
        as a market that must bear the fee.)

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/