Re: 2.0.31 kernel - SCSI problems

Quoting E. MACHA (emacha@NMSU.Edu):
> Supposedly the adaptec 2940 support on the 2.0.31 kernels is 'crap'.. in
> comp.linux.developmen.system they had a couple of posts that the
> 2940 doesn't work well with 2.0.31.

Just another data point: I have a system that would have scsi timeouts
anytime I used the tape drive with 2.0.30. I've been running daily
backups since the 2.0.31pre's with no problems and with great
performance. AHA-2940, 2xbarricudas, archive dat. As always, YMMV.

--
Michael Stone, Sysadmin, ITRI     PGP: key 1024/76556F95 from mit keyserver,
mstone@itri.loyola.edu            finger, or email with "Subject: get pgp key"