CFV: Re: non-DFSG section and CD distributers

Hi,

Sorry to be sort of off topic, but this thread seems like the sort of
discussion for which my ad hoc `call for votes' idea was intended.

So if you feel like it, send your opinion on this issue to:

  cfv-dfsg-*@hands.com

for example some of these might be appropriate:

  cfv-dsfg-cannot-be-helped-by-some-pathetic-vote@hands.com
  cfv-dsfg-is-perfect@hands.com
  cfv-dsfg-too-strict@hands.com
  cfv-dsfg-too-weak@hands.com
  cfv-dsfg-ok-but-non-free-should-be-renamed@hands.com
  cfv-dsfg-has-been-decided-once-and-for-all@hands.com
  cfv-dsfg-needs-to-be-rewritten-and-reapproved@hands.com
  cfv-dfsg-thread-should-go-to-debian-policy@hands.com

or anything else you can fit into a single phrase (I don't want to see 20k
mail addresses thank you ;-)

I'll try to organise them into some sort of order and publish the results in a
few days.  If you want to know how it's going, put -TELLME as the last word of
the opinion, and I'll send you the votes as they happen by email.
(i.e. cfv-dsfg-too-weak-TELLME@hands.com ).

I will probably publish the e-mail addresses with the votes.  If don't want
that, put -SECRET at the end of your opinion, and I'll withhold your name.

Cheers, Phil.

P.S. The little test vote (on what people thought of the idea of having ad hoc
votes) garnered an overwhelming 5 votes ;-)

 3 good
 1 bad,
 1 i-do-not-want-to-see-us-get-bogged-down

Draw your own conclusions. (BTW I didn't vote).