hugs - a haskell interpreter

Hello!

I'm about to make a debian package of hugs, which is a haskell
interpreter... Here is the licence. I assume that according to our
policies hugs can go into non-free. Am I right ?
There is one more problem... according to the homepage, this is still a
beta version, but there is no other information on version (like beta1 or
beta-971114). How should I version it? Perhaps 1.4beta ?
Or should I add the date of the source download like this:
hugs-1.4beta.19971114? What should happen when the final release arrives ?

Greg

      ___    ___   ___    ___   __________   __________
     /  /   /  /  /  /   /  /  /  _______/  /  _______/       Hugs 1.4
    /  /___/  /  /  /   /  /  /  / _____   /  /______
   /  ____   /  /  /   /  /  /  / /_   /  /______   /  The Nottingham and Yale
  /  /   /  /  /  /___/  /  /  /___/  /  _______/  /    Haskell User's System
 /__/   /__/  /_________/  /_________/  /_________/

   Copyright (c) The University of Nottingham and Yale University, 1994-1997.
    Bug reports: hugs-bugs@haskell.org.   Web: http://www.haskell.org/hugs.

           CONDITIONS OF USE, DUPLICATION AND DISTRIBUTION (*)

    Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute Hugs for any personal
    or educational use without fee is hereby granted, provided that:

     a) This copyright notice is retained in both source code and
	supporting documentation.

     b) Modified versions of this software are redistributed only if
	accompanied by a complete history (date, author, description) of
	modifications made; the intention here is to give appropriate
	credit to those involved, while simultaneously ensuring that any
	recipient can determine the origin of the software.

     c) The same conditions are also applied to any software system
	derived either in full or in part from Hugs.

    No part of Hugs may be distributed as a part or accompaniment of any
    commercial package or product without the explicit written permission
    of the author and copyright holder.  The distribution of commercial
    products which require or make use of Hugs will normally be permitted
    if the Hugs distribution is supplied separately to and offered at cost
    price to the purchaser of the commercial product.

    In specifying these conditions, our intention is to permit widespread
    use of Hugs while, at the same time, protecting the interests, rights
    and efforts of all those involved.  Please contact the author and
    copyright holder to arrange alternative terms and conditions if your
    intended use of Hugs is not permitted by the terms and conditions in
    this notice.

    While Hugs has much in common with Gofer (from which it was originally
    derived), there are also some significant differences between the two
    systems.  For example, Hugs conforms closely to the Haskell standard
    while Gofer was intended as a more experimental system.  As a result,
    any and all rights previously conferred for the use, duplication, and
    distribution of Gofer do NOT automatically carry over to Hugs.

    NOTICE: Hugs is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.

    (*) For the purposes of this document, the word "Hugs" refers both to
	the software and its accompanying documentation.

Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
              HuLUG: http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/local/linux/