Re: xearth debian developer database decision

From: Brian White <bcwhite@verisim.com>
> As far as I understand it, "data" cannot be copyrighted.
> It is always public domain. However, you can copyright a
> "collection of data".

Data implies more than one datum, isn't that a collection :-)

Right. While raw facts can not be copyrighted, what can be copyrighted is
the work put into collecting and formatting that information. I see a
non-trivial amount of work put into the xearth file.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html