Re: Electrical Engineering / IC design packages

Phil,

did you try to contact the authors of the software directly in the matter of
copyrights? I think this is more prospective to be successful, because the
official office has to to contact the authors anyway.

I do not quite understand the papaer-signing issue: The copyright license says
(http://www.ucop.edu/ott/permissn.html)

:Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
documentation for educational,
:research and non-profit purposes, without fee, and without a written
agreement is hereby granted,
:provided that the above copyright notice, this paragraph and the following
three paragraphs appear in
:all copies.

I think this is less restrictive as the xv license, and could go to non-free
immediately (?).

--
Rainer Dorsch
Abt. Rechnerarchitektur  e-mail:rainer.dorsch@informatik.uni-stuttgart.de