Re: PostgreSQL - proposed package

Maarten Boekhold <maartenb@dutepp0.et.tudelft.nl> writes:

> Cool.... How do you plan to run/don't-run initdb and updates between
> incompatible versions which require a dump/restore?

I thought that the last time this was debated, the conclusion was that
in lieu of a *really* clever/messy set of pre/postint scripts,
probably the best way to handle this would be to make the new package
conflict with the old one, and provide some documentation/helper
script(s) to aid the user in manually performing the database
translation.