Re: Idiot's Guide to Debian Packaging

David Welton: >
> Yes, please use Novice or some such word...

Idiot suited me fine. It describes beautifully my state of
ignorance. Still, it may offend some, even tho' it also
tickles my admittedly black sense of humor.
(I have liked unusual combinations of way signs, like:
  Nursing School / Cemetery  or  Cemetery / Smokery.)

I would like also see a commented list of tools/packages
usable in making a package. I'm not quite at home with
the many partially overlapping tools. What I'd like to
know is if there are dependencies or other interactions
in the tools.

> Why don't we do this *well* for once, and then link it into the home page,
> as well as sprinkling references to it throughout docs where appropriate.
> Maybe more people would be inclined to use our packaging system if a nice
> straightforward and official guide like this were available (not to knock
> the other efforts, but www.debian.org is nice, easy and official.

The expressed intent was to do it well (in comparison with previous
efforts), I'm sure there is no trouble in including it in official
docs when it's ready.

 -- t.aa