Re: bashims in debian/rules

Eric Delaunay <delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr> writes:

> I already reported a bug against one package (binutils) to ask the maintainer
> to remove bashims, but before to post new ones for new packages I'll compile,
> I'd rather like a consensus about this topic.

Each package should be as portable as possible. But of course it's
much easier to get things moved in that direction if the needed
changes are as little as possible ;-)

So it's a good thing not rely on fixed paths for programs. I like the
suggestion for SHELL=`which bash` very much.

The cross compilation issue is very important for Debian. This way we
can perform compilation for all our platforms on a single
machine. Perhaps we can set up such a machine to compile all our
source package after uploading. This way we can ensure that each
package is available for every platform immediately.

Bye
  Christian

--
Christian Leutloff, Aachen, Germany