Re: Call for project leader candidates

Hi,
>>"Mike" == Mike Orr <mso@jimpick.com> writes:

Mike> On Mon, Nov 03, 1997 at 10:10:00AM -0800, Bruce Perens wrote:
>> From: Stephen Zander <srz@mckesson.com> What enfranchises an
>> individual in this election (i.e., what entitles them to vote)?
>>
>> The short answer is that they are Debian's developers. They must be
>> regular workers on the Debian distribution who have already been
>> admitted to the private mailing list. Most of these people are
>> Debian package maintainers, a few hold other positions for the
>> project.

Mike> \begin{dribble about feeling left out}

Mike> This feels like being hit by a brick.  When was it decided to
Mike> allow only developers to vote?

	I'm sorry you feel left out, but this has always been this
 way; all previous votes have been under the same general principle:
 only the active contributors vote, this is not a new policy.

	manoj

--
 "Laws don't work, unless they merely codify generally accepted
 behavior, in which case they are probably unnecessary."