Re: mentors for new maintainers

Hi,

Fabrizio> Igor Grobman wrote:
>>  Fabrizio Polacco wrote: A place where a new-maintainer can feel
>> supported, where instead I see that debian-devel badly accepts
>> those recurrent threads.
>>
>> I like your idea, but I still think having individual mentor is
>> better.

Fabrizio> Yes it is, but ... who volunteers? I remember Bruce posting
Fabrizio> a request for this more then once and after several months
Fabrizio> nothing have moved.

	I'll volunteer. Having a mentor with whom one has a one-on-one
 relationship does not mean there can't be a mailing list. I just
 think that a direct relationship can be more beneficial.

Fabrizio> That's not that. I think that a problem has more that one
Fabrizio> right solution, and on a list you can have "the solution"
Fabrizio> while with a mentor you should stay only with that
Fabrizio> one. Debian is an effort completely organized on lists. If
Fabrizio> you are shy about posting to lists, you should breth deeply
Fabrizio> and jump. A frendly list could be the best place to start.

>>  Volunteers?

Fabrizio> I don't know what I'll do tomorrow, how can I take such a
Fabrizio> engagement?

	How can you take on the responsibility od being a Debian
 maintainer of you don't even know that?

	manoj
--
 OLTION'S COMPLETE, UNABRIDGED HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE Bang!
 ...crumple. Jery Oltion