Re: new virtual package: pascal-compiler

>> c-compiler and fortron77-compiler.  since i am building the gpc package, i
>
> *are* there any other pascal compilers for linux?  If so, certainly;
> I haven't heard of them, though.  (There *are* multiple f77's -- g77
> and f2c are completely different... and lots of c-compiler's (fsf-gcc,
> egcs-gcc, etc...))  Also there is the question, what packages if any
> are likely to *depend* on a pascal compiler...

I have heard of one other pascal compiler for linux, although I can't
remember the name right now for the life of me.

I didn't realize that a virtual package had to be depended on by
something in order to be needed.  I thought it was also just another
way to keep an order to the packages.  And I assumed that since there
was a c-compiler and fortran77-compiler v.package then the
pascal-compiler v.package would be an obvious addition.

I am a new maintainer, however, and am not sure about all these
things.  I would like to hear some more input about this, though.

What do you think?  Is there _any_ legitimate reason to invent a
pascal-compiler v.package?

thanks for the help.
- -----
Brought to you by the letters E and K and the number 9.

Paul J. Thompson <thomppj@thomppj.student.okstate.edu>
<http://thomppj.student.okstate.edu/~thomppj/>