Re: Rosegarden and tclmidi and clisp

On Fri, 10 Oct 1997, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 09, 1997 at 05:41:10PM -0400, Will Lowe wrote:
> > Is there a package of rosegarden available?  A package search and quick
> > look at work-needing/prospective packages show none.  If there isn't one,
> > is there an interest in one?  There's a new release coming up and I'm
> > trying to convince the upstream maintainers to go GPL instead of their
> > current license,  which doesn't allow commercial use without permission of
> > the developers.
>
> Oh, please do so, and if it would be GPL'ed (or something like that), this
> would be nice, too.

I read on the MuTeX mailing list that Paul Seelig has already packaged the
latest Rosegarden 2.1 for Debian GNU/Linux!  :)  I was thinking that maybe
we could "steal" Paul's work and upload a "non-maintainer" release (or
something like that) for hamm, and maybe Paul could maintain it if he
decides to register as an official Debian developer.  :)

Anthony

[ Forwarded message follows ... ]