ppp2.3.1

OK, the latest package updates pretty seamlessly. nice work. :)

the only question i have is, the first time i tried to log on, i got this
error:

Oct 30 01:27:49 mattyt pppd[1546]: peer refused to authenticate
Oct 30 01:27:49 mattyt pppd[1546]: Connection terminated.
Oct 30 01:27:49 mattyt pppd[1546]: Hangup (SIGHUP)

...so i commented this out in /etc/ppp/options:

# Require the peer to authenticate itself before allowing network
# packets to be sent or received.
# Please do not disable this setting. It is expected to be standard in
# future releases of pppd. Use the call option (see manpage) to disable
# authentication for specific peers.
#auth

...even tho it said not to.  my question is, what problems will having
commented this out cause for me, if any?

anything else i should be aware of?

thanks,
matty