Re: XMCD (fwd)

Matt Thompson writes:
> > OK, just for testing, can you try the pre-compiled xmcd binary for
> > Linux that I distribute via the xmcd web site?  This binary is
> > linked statically with OSF/Motif 1.2.  It uses shared libXt, libX11
> > and libc.
> >
> > If the problem does not occur with my binary, then I think you have
> > found a lesstif bug.  If it still occurs, then we look further.
> >
> > The xmcd web site URL: http://sunsite.unc.edu/~cddb/xmcd/

> i tried the statically linked version of xmcd on the system i'm running
> and it doesn't work.  it crashes before even starting up fully.

Hmm.  Something is really screwy on your system!  That binary works
fine for lots of other folks.

What errors do you encounter when it crashes?

Not to miss the obvious...  Make sure you got the right binary.
There are two xmcd binary bundles for Linux for download on the
xmcd web site.  One for ELF, and another for a.out.  Also, you *are*
running on an Intel-ish x86 PC platform, right?  Finally, the binaries
that I distribute assume the availbility of X11R6 (XFree86 3.x)
shared libraries on your system.

Is there something that makes Debian Linux different from other Linuxes?

\\ // XMCD - Motif CD player / CDA - Command line CD player
 \\/  Ti Kan / AMB Research Laboratories
 //\  E-mail: xmcd@amb.org
// \\ URL:    http://sunsite.unc.edu/~cddb/xmcd/