Re: Ok, non-maintainer release - howto?

On Mon, Oct 27, 1997 at 10:01:01AM -0800, David Welton wrote:
> By the way, the one change I had to make was put the sys_errlist
> declaration in an ifdef statement.  It seems this is a BSD thing, so... is
> #ifdef BSD the correct thing to say?

It says something like "extern char* sys_errlist[]"? Just remove that, and
make sure the file includes <stdio.h>. I don't know if this is a BSDism;
IIRC, on SunOS 4, sys_errlist wasn't declared in any include file, and it
had to be declared extern. In general, I've found that "extern" declarations
indicate ugly or out of date code; if the code is out of date, the
declarations should be commented out and appropriate #include-s put in.

Ray
--
Obsig: developing a new sig