Re: HR695

Ali McKinney <jwtank@flash.net> writes:

> Happened upon your address trying to find out what became of HR695.  Do
> you know the results?

I was the person who mentioned HR695 (a House Resolution in the
U.S. House of Representatives regarding the use of encryption
software) on this list.  Bruce Perens asked me to follow up on it.  I
regret that I do not have further information on what happened to this
resolution.  I will try to find out.

Perhaps we can take this off the list and into private e-mail
following this message.  The list has been subject to a certain amount
of noise recently.  I do not want to add to the noise/signal ratio.