Re: [paolos@ares.omninet.it: Re: atp 1.2 copyright]

On Mon, Oct 27, 1997 at 08:48:20PM +0100, Christian Schwarz wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Oct 1997, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
>
> > I have created a package of atp, a text to postscript converter
> > which I rather like. The license in the source archive
> > is not DFSG-compliant but I did receive this email from the author
> > about it. How can I best express this in the package?
>
> I'd say, just include this message in /usr/doc/copyright.
>
> A better solution would probably be if the other releases a new version of
> his package and includes something like this:
>
> -----
>  atp is Copyright (C) 19xx <his name>
[standard GPL extract follows]

Another suggestion I had was to change the source to indicate that it
is GPL and to send the author a patch; he asked for a patch anyway
of the libpaper support I added. What do you think?

thanks,
Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust              hamish@debian.org, hmoffatt@mail.com
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.