Re: What to do about hamm/bo overlaps

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Christian Schwarz wrote:

> (I'm no dpkg expert so I can be wrong.) Shouldn't every "Replaces:" be
> accompanied with a "Conflicts:" rule?

No, the "Replaces:" states that is is expected for the package to replace
some files in the target package.  In this instance, the files are gone
from the later version, so this replacement won't cause a problem.  dpkg
does the correct thing and removes the replaced files from the first
package's ownership.

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/