Re: Uploaded elvis 2.0-8.1 (source i386) to master

[ Moved to debian-devel ]

Erik Andersen <andersen@inconnect.com> writes:

> Since this is a non-maintainer release, why are you listed as the
> maintainer?

He's not.  The Maintainer: field that counts is the one in
debian/control.  The Maintainer: field in the .changes file is a
totally counter-intuitive name, what it actually means is Uploader:.
Have a look at the .changes file for any {alpha,sparc,ppc,m68k} upload
sometime.  (dinstall mails the person in the Maintainer: field in the
.changes file, I'm sure the source maintainers don't want to know
about my m68k uploads of their packages)

> If you want to take over maintaining elvis, please feel free to do
> so.  You don't need to re-upload anything, since you are already
> listed as the maintainer.

No he won't be; it's a non-maintainer upload because of the presence
of a minor Debian revision number and because the debian/control file
has not been changed.

--
James