Re: Meta-D, Backspace, hamm xterm/libreadline

On Sat, 25 Oct 1997 17:33:33 +0200 joost witteveen (joost@rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl) wrote:

> I just upgraded my system from a 3-week-old hamm distribution, to a
> 12-hour-old hamm distribution.
>
> Now, in my bash xterms, Meta-d and backspace fail to work the
> way they used to.

For "internationalization" purposes, this is normal :-)
If you want to revert to the old behavior, edit /etc/inputrc and comment the line which says "set convert-meta off".
The libreadlineg2 maintainer is aware of this and will hopefully find a solution which will be better than this one...

Phil.