Re: pppd

>  I believe that being unable to connect about 9600 baud is pretty serious.
> Has anyone else seen this?  Should I submit a bug report?

It looks like pppd is ignoring the speed specified in /etc/ppp/peers/provider,
so the port just carries on at whatever it is set to --- I'm looking into it.

Possible temporary fixes are:

  run mgetty on the port, set to the speed you need -- pppd will inherit it.

  run pppd under diald, and tell diald the speed you need.

Cheers, Phil.